We held our second annual D.C. Canada Day event, which featured activities
such as the lighting of small firecrackers and sparklers, several games of
croquet, and polite (NOT) discussion of Dick Cheney.  Beverages included 9
percent Quebecois La Fin Du Monde beer (potent and expensive, and worth
it!), a wonderful non-oak Pella Island Niagara Chardonnay, bison burgers,
wild rice salad, butter tarts, and rhubarb meringue pie.  Of the dozen
guests, two were known Canadians and several others are under
investigation...