Maybe.  Besides failing due to erosion of the top
neck, the seams where the top tank is crimped to the
tubes can fail as well, although that's not as common.
 I had a Nissan that recently sprung a leak at the
seams, and there's nothing you can do about it short
of replacement.

The Behr is the OE replacement, so if it makes sense
fiscally, use that.  Rusty will share his experiences
with alternate brands if available, so ask him if
there's a significant price difference.

Radiator R&R in a W126 is a piece of cake, and if
you've done one before, can be done in well under an
hour, start to finish.  Make sure you've got some
flare nut wrenches for the tranny cooler lines so you
don't round them off.

Other than that, drain it, pull the hoses and tranny
lines (cap them off), pull the clips off the fan
shroud and lay it back on the fan, take the top
brackets off and lift it out.  Replacement is the
reverse of removal.

While it's out, take some time to spray out all the
crud from the back side of the AC condensor, too.

I would get a new cap (proper pressure!) fresh MB
antifreeze and possibly hoses if they're the
originals.  Cheap insurance while youve' got things
apart.

I also like to mix my antifreeze in advance (50/50) so
I know I'm getting the correct "throw" (ratio) of
water to AF.

If I recall, the blower on the W126 is pretty easy.
Nothing like the 108/114 blowers (I've done one, and
have the scars to show for it.)

Dan