I followed some of the posts ad woes.  One mentioned the 4 cylinder in
a Vue grenading- isn't/wasn't this a corporate GM motor by this time?

I remember test driving an early Saturn, and remarking to the sales
guy that it was low on power, but at least it was noisy and coarse to
make up for it.  My recollection was a 1.9 liter that at the time was
Saturn only.

Saturns have always struck me as begin too weird and plasticky cheap,
UNTIL the recent Outlook.  THAT is competitive, even if too big for my
family. At least when we don't think that having a second kid mandates
driving something the size of our living room, we've done just FINE
with my 300e and a Passat (sedans, no less) for vacations.   But I see
the time coming when not having a minivan or SUV just MIGHT become
criminal- it's just socially weird, now.

Tony Wirtel