From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of John Robbins
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 1:43 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Rust repair cost

I've got a little bit of rust near the top of the windshield.  It doesn't
look like much, but I'm sure its horrible underneath the windshield seal.
Either the rust or a bad seal is causing a *lot* of wind noise and even some
water to leak in from that area.  I was quoted just under $1000 for this
repair (and thats if they can re-use the windshield! Add another 200 for a
PPG replacement).  The biggest cost was nearly 12 hours of labor for body
work, and another 10 hours for paint prep and painting.

Unfortunately I think this is in-line for a quality repair... what do you
guys think?  I'm going to get another quote tomorrow I think.

See attached for pictures of the rust.

John