Kevin Kraly wrote:

> fraid I'm going looking for a Prius.
>
> ON that note, I've thought about getting one of the new Highlander Hybrids,
> but the 3500# tow rating isn't enough for my 4000# boat, darn it!

That's only 14% over spec, and I suspect spec is very conservative.
My dad's 17 foot runabout is about 1100lb more than a Plymouth Horizon's
1500lb rating, but that didn't stop me from taking a 500 mile trip into
the Ontario (Canada) mountains with it. I've also run GCVW of 25-30k on a
2001 F250 which is rated something like 16k or 18k. It's important to not
drive like an idiot, to have temp gauges on the engine and trans, and to
watch the gauges when you climb hills.

Mitch.