> Since I know absolutely nothing about pressure washers and am
> considering
> getting one for cleaning vinyl siding, etc. on house situated in the
> woods.
> What's the consensus . . . brand, pressure, etc.?

I've had two.  One 3.5 horse cheap job that worked fine, but after
some use it felt like cleaning things with a toothbrush.  I replaced
it with an 11 horse model that can really clean things off.

Either can destroy surfaces if you're using them improperly, the
size of the swath is all that varied.  The rated pressure of both
was about the same, but the GPM was quite different.  Mine has an
adjustable valve for setting the pressure.  I paid about $700 some
years ago at a liquidator's.

-- Jim