On Aug 24, 2007, at 10:28 AM, andrew strasfogel wrote:

> We had insurance and they still only reimbursed us $.45 per pound,
> regardless of the items' value.  The industry is pathologically
> under-regulated.

Don't get my wife started on this... 5 boxes or so gone...
They didn't write down exactly what was in the box cause it said
(bedroom 4d)
and even tho you have 'full' insurance since there is no record of
what it was, then mmm
0.45 lb...

At least today you can digitally photograph everything that goes into
the boxes...
Assuming they will accept that evidence versus wanting a hand written
record, so get it in writing that you
can use photographs.