From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 7:55 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] 1979 240D over heating

car has 132,000 miles.  Have what appears to be a blown head gasket.  Trying

to locate cause for over heating and the root of the problem.
Question, how does one know water pump is working right. or at all by
looking?  No strange sounds of broken impellars
Belts are tight and turn.
Pumrp was replaced 5,000 miles ago.  No leaks.  Thermostate tested shrinks
and expands when heated.
Radiator cap is fine.  Hoses fine.  Radiator clean.
thanks Tom Scordato