Bugs were pretty, but nothing state of the art.  Bentley in the day was much
more exotic, even though Ettore called them buses, or trucks.  The bently
had aluminum pistons, OHV, 4 valves per cylinder.  The gullwing was one of
the first, if not the first road cars to have an injected engine.  The doors
were there to allow enterance over the funky sills.  I've several bugs up
close.  They are lovely, but more art than mechanical genious.  But that's
just my take on them. :-)  The new bugs are production cars too, but not in
the sense of my 300E. lol

Ed
300E