it's sort of a backwards culture here, especially when compared to the
mainstream mercedes culture.  in the real world of montvale culture, my
ex-wife's 92 300E with nearly 200k miles indicates that she is poor and a
loser and needs to be treated with disdain and comtempt.  in our world, this
is kind of the cutting edge of modern cars, only to be driven by the
adventuresome and we really know in our hearts that she needs to trade it
for an 84 300D.

no matter how often i try to retire my 81 300TD, i always end up behind the
wheel.

you, dear roger, seem to fall into no man's land.  both we and montvale
probably see you as insane for keeping a car for seven years.  your plan is
a loser on all fronts.