A good example of this is the UN (and perhaps it's predecessor the
league of nations), to set it up is perhaps one of the greatest acts of
humanity but it's actual execution shows us what we are really like.
Far as that pompous git goes, that is the problem with critics. They are
life's underachievers and take their frustration out on those who do
achieve, even if those achievements are short of the mark. I had a quick
look at wikipedia about him and can't see anything that would lead me to
think that he has any qualifications to talk about cars.
However at the end of the day he is just an entertainer who gets people
excited by his stupid remarks.
Personally I don't bother watching anything he does because I know it is
all crap and what is the point of watching a show about cars I have
little or no hope of owning.
I would actually like to see a TV show about maintenance, buying tips,
negotiating buying a car, pitfalls of used cars, etc but then again
would people watch something like that? No, they wanna see idiots going
fast in exotic super cars.