Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:22:27 -0500
From: "R A Bennell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: 5600 Watt Diesel Generator in Northern Catalog
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

During power outages, plan to use a camping stove or the BBQ and maybe
 the microwave. Don't wash the clothes etc.
The generator will run the lights, the furnace fan, the refrigerator
 etc but probably not all at once. Be prepared
to shift things around a bit. If you don't have outages often or for
 long, extension cords etc are probably
sufficient. If it happens all the time and for longer than a few hours,
 then you will find it more comfortable if
you have something bigger and more permanent. There is a nice writeup
 on a web site by a fellow in Florida who has
to contend with hurricanes. He has a setup with one of the Lister style
 diesel engines and a big genrator head. He
has written a good description of how and why he has done what he has
 and some tips on how to adjust the thing etc.
I don't have the url here but it is on the computer at home and could
 be obtained if anyone is interested.

Randy