From: Robert Bigham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:16 am
Subject: [MBZ] Brake pads: Brain picking

Hello smart people whoever you are

I'd like to pick your brains about brake pads.

One point of view is that of Daimler Benz AG:
Don't use anything except what we say.  For
me that means Jurid this or Textar that.

Another says metallic only.  Accept no substitutes.
I've had metallic pads that seemed to last forever
with no problems.

Another says ceramic only.  Much better.

Some of the metallic or ceramic, I forget which, are
supposed to last forever, but wear out everything
else (rotors?).  Or so I think I've read or heard.

I'm thinking of a situation wherein there are new or
refinished rotors without vent holes, and reused
sound calipers.  Probabably new small hardware.

What do you think?  All points of view accepted.

Thanks   Robert