I agree with the tech.  Gump has rubber lines connecting to the solid
lines at the tank, and then more rubber to make the bend up to the
engine from under the car.  No low tech return line rubber, but
hardier stuff like the cigar hose is made of.  If it is exposed to
the elements in a harmful way, I would shield it though

clay