David Hemsley wrote:
>    Please check on the internet for the National Biodiesel Board.  They have
>    established a testing criteria for both the fuel and the distributo/seller
>    of same.
>
>    The      following     link     may     also     prove     beneficial:
>    [1]http://www.biodiesel.org/pdf_files/fuelfactsheets/Myths_Facts.pdf
>
>    I find it interesting that Mercedes, VW, etc. accepted biodiesel years ago
>    in Europe yet here we are still playing the percentage game.   :)

In Europe both diesel and bioD is tightly controlled. In the US many of
the blends and formulas do not meet the same tight tolerances that the
EU has established. Until the US sets TIGHT and uniform standards for
BioD, and the BioD available at all fuel stations is uniform, Mercedes
has little interest playing. The early 21st century Bosch injection
systems sold in the US had injection parts made from different materials
than those sold in Europe because of the poor quality of US fuels. Once
the ULSD standards were implemented Bosch/Mercedes could use injection
parts made from the same materials in US and Euro cars.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)