I have a new Harrison A/C compressor from Rusty ready to go in an '83 240D.
A tag says oil must be added but does not say how much or in which port it
should be poured.

There is no information on whether this is a Harrison R-4 (four cylinder),
A-6 (six cylinder), DA-6 (six cylinder), or V-5 (five cylinder) compressor.
According to the Haynes A/C manual, the amount of oil that should be added
to each type of compressor is varied.  The only ports this compressor has
other than the hose ports is a plug held in by a snap ring and a brass plug
with a green center screwed into  the back of the compressor.  If someone
(Rusty?) can tell me which Harrison compressor this is, I can figure out the
amount of oil necessary.  Six ounces seems to be the usual amount.

I plan to flush the lines, evaporator, and condenser; and replace the dryer.
Haynes rule-of-thumb for adding oil to those components after flushing is:
Condenser-one ounce
Dryer-one ounce
evaporator-three ounces
Harrison A-6, R-4, or V-5  Two ounces plus the number of ounces drained from
the old compressor.

Does this sound right?

Thanks,
Gerry Archer