Hello,
    Was reading about the new Diesel on the MB website and they talk about
new "piezoelectric fuel injectors" which contribute to the efficiency of the
engine.

    I'm trying to understand how the piezoelectric concept helps the
injectors?  I read Wikipaedia and it says Piezioelectric is "the ability of
some materials (notably crystals and certain ceramics) to generate an
electric potential"  and while I understand what they are saying (sort of),
I can't grasp how it helps fuel injectors.

I understand it - but I can't see how the Piezio effect would be better.

    Can someone provide a easily understood paragraph or 2?

    BTW, the new diesel is now available in the E Class, ML, GL and R class.
While I cannot afford a new MB perhaps in a few years I can find a nice used
one.

    Thx -

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
.