While I was doing my DD prior to purchase, one bit of advice came my way
at least three times, "buy the largest set you can afford".  It seems no one
ever says "I wish I had gotten a smaller set".

I got a 72" Toshiba rear projection.  It only weighs about 125 lbs., you can
see an excellent picture from almost any angle.  I did a BizRate search and
bought it from onecall.com,  It shipped to my door and two of us carried it
in and set it up.

Consumer's Reports does not normally recommend buying an extended warranty,
but in these sets they do.  A replacement bulb is about $300 and have a
history of failing between two and three years.  A three year extended
warranty was about $300 and covers the bulb, so I have the full coverage
during that time and expect the bulb to go between 38 and 39 months, or just
shortly after the warranty expires.

We love the huge set and HD is nice.

Harry