 Sun, 4 Nov 2007 00:32:26 -0700
> From: "Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Honda use of dramatically unequal treads -
>       Opinions        wanted
>
> Thanks, all. I decided to put a plug in the flat tire since I have a
> kit. We don't plan any long trips in the near future, so I thought I'd
> save the money and try the repair myself. We used to charge $6 for a
> tire plug and $7 for a patch when I worked at a service station; I
> know it costs a lot more than that now. If I recall, Firestone charged
> me to rebalance the tire after patching it when I took one to them a
> while back. Surprised they didn't charge me to dispose of the nail.
>
> Thanks again for the info.
>
> Brian
-------
Hello Brian

In Texas and I think most of the southwest we have Discount Tire Company
(may also be
called America's Tire Company), who changes/fixes flats free including
rebalancing even
on tires they didn't sell.  They will charge you to mount a tire they
didn't sell: cost me $5
recently.  Maybe you have them convenient to you.

They want you to remember them and maybe buy tires from them.  I can
testify they are
a tire company that does what they say they will do - which is directly
opposite my
experience with almost all others.  I won't buy tires anywhere else, or
haven't for a while.
They are a few dollars lower priced than Sam's or WalMart compared on an
equal basis.

The downside is you have to go there and wait to be served at the counter.
Then you
have to wait for the work to be done.  It can take a while.  Bring a book.
Alternatively,
change the flat and leave the tire and wheel for repair.  Then you have to
go there and
wait to be served again.   But they do what they say they will. That is
refreshing to me.