Rich,

I know some will disagree with me. But, I think you only need 2 snow
tires UNLESS your son lives in an area where you get LOTS of snow.  Four
will be marginally better and your steering will be affected at HIGH
speeds if you only have 2. But, on all of my previous cars, I just used
2 on the rear.

As far as wheels, I would not try to fit 15 inch wheels on a car
designed for 14 inch.  The real test is whether the offset is the same.
If it is not the same or very close, you will need spacers and new bolts
and you might find that the wheels are rubbing on brake components or
other parts that should not be contacted.  You can purchase cheap steel
wheels from tirerack when you get the tires.

Blizzaks are the best (IMHO), but I also had cheap winterguards on my
126- and they worked very well.

Donald H. Snook