The floor heat flaps on my 82 300SD move freely and blow closed whenever the
blower is running.  The vacuum element and lever that are supposed to
control these flaps work normally, at least visually.  In guess there is a
lever or gear assembly that is supposed to control those flaps and it has
failed somehow.  For now, I put a piece of wood in there to hold the doors
open so I will get some floor heat this winter.  It looks like the whole
dash and maybe the heater needs to be removed to access whatever is broken.
Even then, I don't know if I'll be able to fix it.

Question: Can anyone give me a clue what is supposed to control these flaps
and what it takes to gain access to it?

Thanks.

Scott Ritchey

1979 300TD 350k mi