Found a 1980 300SD W116 with usual problems - window seals, a/c, etc. The "big"
one was extremely slow acceleration (ALDA is ruined and I also suspect the
turbo switchover valve and hose going to it (looks plugged). $1,000 obo, he
took my first offer of $750. He was able to drive it to my house and put $20 in
fuel in it to boot. Almost no rust, very nice - needs new dash. 155K miles. He
had injectors rebuilt, new filters, installed water filter, new lift and primer
pump, new glow plugs. Started on 4th crank with no block heater at 25 degrees.
Started right up last night at 45, so no problems there. This one should be fun.

Going to the PNP after work to get all the pieces we need off the W115 there
before it goes to the crusher.

QUESTION: Is an ALDA off any turbo OM617 interchangeable with any other turbo
OM617?

Thanks!

Chris

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 368K km, "Wulf"
-1992 350 Ram Wagon, 58K miles, "The Behemoth"
-1975 240D manual, W115, "Projekt-Wagen 1"
-1980 300SD, W116, "Projekt-Wagen 2"