From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Zoltan Finks
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:58 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Ticking noise - normal or trouble

So I know if I was under the hood of a gasser and heard ticking coming
from the rocker covers I would think a lifter was not getting proper
oiling, or was collapsing or something.

As I was under the 190D hood a bit ago attempting, yes attempting, to
check the transmission fluid - stupid thing that dipstick is - I heard
a somewhat intermittent tapping acompanying the normal klatta. Would
tick for maybe 10 seconds, then stop ticking, then start again after a
couple seconds.

Is this normal racket to be coming from the engine? Or is this
indicitive of a problem?

Brian
87 190D
83 240D