easy way to get to the CC amp - take off the driver side dash panel by
taking off the headlight switch and the plastic surrounding the key, then
unscrew the phillips head screws and parking brake and hood release
attachment, then the panel should come off.  The CC amp is held in place by
a 10mm hex head bolt IIRC.  undo it and the mounting bracket in one piece
and make the exchange on benchtop.

On Nov 28, 2007 2:02 PM, LarryT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Geez Louise!
>    Just tried to remove the under-dash cover on the drivers side of my 91
> 300D -- Kee - rist!  Went to the manual  (68-150) and things have *really*
> changed since my W123 240D was put together!  A gazillion screws, the hood
> release, headlight switch,  pry this, force that.
>
>    I'd really like to take Doug Quance's great  suggestions to check &
> clean the connections at the CC amp, but this is looking like a LOT of
> work!
> Sure, I'm going to do it, but I might wait until tomorrow and get a early
> start.   Sheesh.  MB really made a leap in the quality they put together
> stuff with back in the early 90s!
>
>    Thanks for all the suggestions about fixing my Cruise Control problem
> (it's intermittant).   Looking for a rebuilt Amp - new ones are really
> expensive -
>
>    Oh well, now I have something to fill my day tomorrow with --
>
> Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
> www.youroil.net for Oil Analysis and Weber Parts
> Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil
> PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
> Weber Carb Info http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs