And, expanding on Glen's comment, the new digital sensors are even
more sensitive.

Then, there's the recent article in Der Spiegel -
"A mounting number of studies are coming to some surprising
conclusions about the dangers of nuclear radiation. It might not be as
deadly as is widely believed."
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,519043,00.html
Since the sources aren't given, I won't vouch for the accuracy, but it
does raise questions.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK