On Nov 30, 2007 2:26 PM, Zoltan Finks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I shut it off and wait for a few seconds before opening the door, and
> if time allows, I open it and walk away and do something else for a
> few seconds. Ok I am starting to sound paranoid now.

Maybe unnecessary with modern microwave ovens, but definitely
appropriate with old ones that had inadequate seals and appreciable
leakage.  At one place I used to work, the employee break room had two
microwaves, one new---this was about 1998---and one old, probably from
the mid-'70s by the styling.  I could always tell walking down the
hall which microwave was in use because the '70s one gave me an
immediate headache.  I pointed out to management more than once that
it wasn't in their best interest to be cooking their employees'
brains, but nothing ever happened.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.