I grew up with four siblings, in houses smaller than yours - of
course, how well we turned out is subject to debate, but it can
certainly be done. Each kid does NOT need their own room.
Integrating traumatized kids into another family could be challenging
at times I imagine.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK