Go with the upconverter for now, unless you are going to invest a
bunch of cash or change over to somebody that rents HD DVD.  The crap
that Wally world sells is not known to handle regular DVD
upconversion at all well.   You will get ok signal on the
upconverters as long as you use digital connections.  A regular DVD
player will look like snot unless your TV can figure out how to
upconvert the signal from 480i to 720 or 1080.

clay