So I checked out the '71 Saab 95 today.
V Saabs are such cool little cars, I wish I'd gotten into them earlier although
I suspect without the internet it'd be challenging to keep one alive.

Anyway, the guy was asking $2250 although he'd take $2000.
The car has some rust, mostly surface rust but 3 of the 4 corners have holes
through the floor. Not big holes but holes where the seams are, a finger or two
wide and long. The surface rust is no big deal for now but it would be,
especially along the bottom of the doors.

The engine ran SWEET, started right up easy and cruised around with no problem.
I'd definately need some practice to drive a column shift manual, especially if
I were drinking coffee or something.
The guy lives off a little crappy road and the 95 handled it way better than my
190D which slid all over the place, Swedes definately know how to deal with
snow.
The trans was real quiet and shifted fine.

I told the guy its a $1000 car as far as I'm concerned, if I had a 2 car garage
or didn't have my garage full of crap I'd jump on it at that price. I might
consider $2k since the engine bay is spotless. He has recipts for having the
clutch done and while the engine was out he spent alot of time cleaning and
painting with POR15.

Anyway I told him I've got $1000 waiting if he decides he wants it.

-Curt