I think it was a river, and a ferry. He missed the point of the ferry
and drove down the ramp into the river.

I've a garmin (older) but they shipped me a 2007 map in Oct which
seems quite accurate, certainly had all the new roads in Edmonton that
were missing from the 2005 version.
A friend used it to drive down the west coast to SF and LA to visit
wineries last summer and told me it was extremely accurate and to be
trusted. The only time they fail to follow it's
advice cost them a 20 mile detour to the next overpass.

When looking consider screen size and controllability. On a car trip
you want to be able to easily  yell or touch for gasoline stations of
your choice, or find place  to eat  espresso etc.
For some reason this is always done while driving (very unsafe).

On Dec 9, 2007, at 9:17 PM, Hendrik & Fay wrote:

> Reminds me of the story of the elderly German gentleman who drove
> into a
> lake because the GPS ordered him to go that way.

John
1983 300TDt  385k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1990's 300TDt  214k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1993 500SEL 202k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)