Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 03:51:50 -0800
From: John M McIntosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Strange Smell from Crankcase - Snake Oil Suspicion
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

On Dec 15, 2007, at 2:50 AM, Zoltan Finks wrote:

> This smell sound familiar? Boy, that sentence sounds weird - rather
> - looks
> weird.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Brian

some evil telfon based product?

I'd say you've some gallons of really cheap CF rated oil you'll need
to buy and run for 20 miles or so to
help flush out what ever it is before you stick in some decent oil for

longer term (thousand? mile) usage.
likely change that new filter too? Mind be interesting to see what's
in it...

John
1983 300TDt  386k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1990's 300TDt  214k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1993 500SEL 202k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)