My 190D reads just like my 240D did, just a bit above the 80C mark. Sits pretty
consistantly once its come up to temp.

-Curt

Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:51:21 -0500
From: Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 85 190d 2.2 manny
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> the temp gauge doesn't get past 60c

Seems a bit low, I think your thermostat should start opening closer
to 70C.
My 190e, which seems to be operating properly, struggles to hit 70C in
freezing weather, peaks out at about 75C on a hard freeway run. I think
it uses a cooler thermostat than the 190D.

> and oil pres pops right up to 3 and stays there.

Good. The pressure relief valve is set about twice that high, so the
gauge should always be pegged while driving down the road.

Hot idle pressure should be between one and four bar. A new engine
will peg the gauge at hot idle, and if it drops below one bar,
 something's
quite worn. It's possible that your oil never gets hot if the engine is
overcooling.