I followed Craig's recommendation regarding lining the light
channeling/piping areas of the instrument cluster of my W123, and the result
is rather dramatic.  I now have the instrument cluster rheostat turned down
~ 1/3 and the instrument lighting is still brighter than it was previously
when the rheostat was turned all the way up.  Other than breaking a few
small plastic bits, as those buggers used glue where it probably wasn't
required, this is a rather easy improvement.

G. M. Brown
Brevard, NC