heel and toeing saves your engine, and trans.  The whole idea behind heel
and toe is to match engine, trans and wheel speed.  As speed increases, it
pays in other ways too, as you heel and toe gives you a nice stable
platform, and you can then seperate different parts of the car and allow
them to work to they full potential.  You are in no way putting added stress
on any of these things, just the opposite.  You are however using the brakes
to slow the car, not the engine, but that's what brakes are made for, and
easy and cheap to replace as you say.

Ed
300E