On Dec 28, 2007, at 10:26 PM, Gary Hurst wrote:

> i can't get around the intuitive answer.  you have 2 doors.  one
> has a car.
> the other has a goat.  shouldn't matter whether you pick 1 or 2.

That's true, if your choice was to pick one of two doors initially.
But that's not exactly the scenario.  The entire scenario is the
initial pick, the reveal of one of the wrong choices, and then the
opportunity to switch your guess.  The reveal of one of the wrong
choices does not change the 2/3 probability that your initial guess
was wrong.  At least that's how it makes the most sense to me.

Allan