Leak down test. You don't really need the tester for gross results.
Apply compressed air though the glow plug holes, with the valves
closed and the piston at TDC or BDC. Listen at the intake exhaust and
oil fill for escaping air. Bent valves will be obvious. worn rings a
little less so.

Bob
Parrish, FL