Peter Frederick wrote:
> Gee, that's rotten milage -- I get 31-32 in my 300D with a 603!  I'd
> expect more like 34 with the 2.5L in fairly flat territory!

How aggressive do you drive?  I get 29-31 on the highway going ~80 in my
2.5T

> I agree about butchering the factory wiring -- all the major
> manufacturers of aftermarket stuff these days make conversion harnesses
> that just plug into the factory ones, you don't have to cut into
> things.  Makes it MUCH easier to hook up initially AND to return to
> factory configuration!

Not on my '92!  The factory head unit really isn't the actual radio, it
is all in the trunk.  There is a custom cable that runs to the trunk
where the actual AM/FM tuner, amplifier, etc are.  There's no adapter
for that, and if you want to add an aftermarket radio none of that
wiring will work.  I'm going to be adding an aftermarket radio to my car
soon, but will most likely just abandon the old stuff in place.  I'll
use the trunk antenna somehow though... adding one up front is just silly.

John