On Jan 3, 2008, at 5:07 PM, John Freer wrote:
> Again, I don't know how MB is handling their customers with contracts
> already in place.

I think buried on their site is a document that talks about it. For
most of the
cars you can convert from analog to digital for a fee.. How much you
pay depends on
the effort required, and the kickbacks you get. I think at the high
end it was $1700 or something
but that gave you "lifetime" free access to the service.  I thought I
saw a note from someone opting for
that because given mercedes owner's usual desire to hang onto cars
forever it made economical sense.