I agree with Jim Cathey, as I recently performed the aluminum foil treatment
of the light piping channels for the instrument cluster suggested by Craig
McCluckey and my dash lights are indeed bright enough to dim approximately
1/3 of the way and are still brighter than they were prior to the aluminum
foil treatment.
On another subject, my turn signals and 4way flahers were behaving really
weird and Jim C. suggested off-list that this could be caused by dirty
contacts in the 4way flasher switch.  Well, success, success, I removed the
4way flasher switch, opened it up and the contacts were rather ugly looking,
so I cleaned 'em with a Scotch-Brite, applied a small amount of conductive
grease to all the contacts as well as the connecting pins, and reassembled
the switch and all is working correctly again.
Thanx Jim.

G. M. Brown
Brevard, NC