The VA in Birmingham, AL and in Nashville, TN are also "top notch" in the
quality of services they supply.

But this isn't the core issue with the VA. For example:

My youngest brother needed back surgery, which started with an MRI so that
the VA could evaluate the issue. They scheduled the MRI 3 months
out???????????????? Any why??????? Because they are under budget constraints
& that was the next available slot!!!!!

With private insurance, even an HMO plan, he would have been scheduled for
an MRI within 3 days.

Then they scheduled his surgery 6 months out??????????????????? Any
why??????? Because they are under budget constraints & that was the next
available slot!!!!!

With private insurance, even an HMO plan, he would have been scheduled for
surgery within 2 weeks.

Here's another for you.

My Wife's Aunt has a serious lung & heart issue. Medicaid stops paying for
her medicine & leased breathing equipment in the 8th month of each year
because she has reached her cap. So, they have to pay for her medication
"out of pocket" for the last 1/3 of the year. The monthly cost is more than
their house payment. So what do they do? She skips doses whenever she thinks
she can get away with doing so to "save up" for later & then they struggle
through the last part of the year.

She and her husband worked all of their lives to retire and I'd suggest that
they are not exactly enjoying the "golden years of retirement".

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com
256-656-1924