Allan Streib wrote:
 I was responding to the earlier point
> about private insurers deny claims for necessary treatment, with my
> personal experience that the only denials my family and I ever
> encountered being from the government plan (Medicare).
>
> Allan

I have worked for health insurers and health providers. Did it for
roughly twenty years. I have seen bad-faith denials of medically
necessary care, galore. I have been told as an insurance company
employee to "find a reason to deny it."

Be thankful that you have not gotten denials from private insurers for
needed care. You dodged a bullet. People die every day because they
cannot afford life-saving medical care and their insurers refuse to fund
it.

--

Lee

If you would be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable. - Kurt Vonnegut

Email is protected by DesertGate Spam Filter
http://www.desertgate.com