Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:58:04 -0500
From: "Bob DuPuy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] blown turbo 300SDL
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com

So I've been driving the wife's SDL the last few days and I thought I
noticed some turbo whine. I figured it had always been there, Nooooo.
Accelerating up an on ramp giving it a bit of Italian tune up all of a
sudden it starts sounding like a kid's bike with a playing card in the
spokes. I checked under the hood and decided to limp it home. She was
smoking pretty good but the oil level light stayed off and the
pressure never budged of the high peg. I've had the head and exhaust
manifold off as a unit before. My question is how hard is it to get
the turbo R&R'd . Can it be done without removing othe large
assemblies

Bob D.
Parrish, FL