From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Donald Snook
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:54 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] This is a pretty car

A car similar to this one is the car that made me want to own a
Mercedes.

In 1984, my mother was trading in her 1981 Chevy Chevette and we were
looking at used cars. I was 12 at the time, and was immeadiately drawn
to this beautiful Mercedes. It was a 1969 280S in forest green and it
was VERY nice. It was a real beauty. Someone had traded it in.  I still
remember they said it was $6900. I told my mom, that we just had to test
drive it.  She said no because we could not afford it. (I knew we didn't
have a lot of money, but only recently have I figured out we were quite
poor)

We were looking at cars for $2500 and that would be financed.  I still
remember that car.  We bought an 82 Olds Omega -- which was cheap
transportation and all we could afford.

I remember thinking that day, that one day I would get a Mercedes.

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=17018562224

Donald H. Snook