I often see pics of Euro spec Mercedes running around with trail hitches.  I
think you could get them factory ordered over there?  I was told, they
aren't an option here, and putting one on your car will void the warranty.
Did Euro models get extra tranny coolers?  Maybe Mercedes were worried about
us Canadians towing our Ski-Doos around, 12 months of the year? :-)

Ed
300E