Yup, we had one when they were new.  lol.  My dad was in the car business,
so we tried all the new stuff at the time.

Back then, if you mentioned timing belts, most would look at you kind of
funny.  Push rod ruled the day.  Our other car was a Lincoln Mk. V at the
time, with a 460.

As for the design of the timing belt, hmmm, sounds familiar.  Lot like a
Porsche 928.  Hey, wait a sec, that's the reason I rebuild the last 928
engine.  Water pump ran off the back of the belt, water pump went a little
wonky, caused the belt to jump a few teeth and 8 bent valves later. hee
hee.  was a 32 valve engine, so could have been worse.  It could have been
my car, instead of a friends. ;-)

Ed
300E