I bake most of my bread. Two tricks I've learned. I've got three racks in
the oven. I had some leftover 6X6" ceramic tile. I keep six pieces of that
tile on the lower rack of the oven. Once preheated they work like a heat
mass.  Not only do they help catch spills but crusts on breads is improved.
Works like a stone for pizza and cakes seem to bake more consistently.

Second, rather than look for high gluten flour I buy "vital wheat gluten."
which is available in most supermarkets (Hodgson Mills is common brand
available in a 6oz box). Add a few tablespoons to ordinary bread flour. When
making pizza crust, use the KitchenAid to "beat the heck out of" the dough
initially to activate the gluten, until the dough pulls cleanly from the
mixing bowl.

Sorry ya'll. I likes to talk about me some cookin'.