"LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I can only assume he's thinking of a different Alan Keyes than you &
> I are famiiar with - an excellent conservative who would be a great
> candidate.  It always surprises me that he can generate so little
> support.  Wish I could vote for Keyes instead of McCain in the fall
> - not that I;ll vote for McC - haven't decided what I'll do.

I think that the reason he does not get support is that he is not
appealing to the mainstream media, who like it or not pick the
candidates as much if not moreso than the voters do.

You have to play the media's game in campaigns -- Alan Keyes will not
do that.  For example, he would not congratulate Barak Obama on his
victory in the race for the senate seat in Illinois because it would
be "congratulations toward the triumph of that which I believe
ultimately stands for ... a culture evil enough to destroy the very
soul and heart of my country?  I cannot do this. And I will not make a
false gesture."  (That from Wikipedia).

Something like that just fans the fires in the todays's media, who
seem obsessed with the notion that everyone must accomodate everyone
else and "apologize" for any remotely provocative statement.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230