I think that the intent of the law and true justice was served very well
in this case. Too bad true justice doesn't happen as much as it should
any more. May I suggest France?

Manfred

Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:51:48 -0600
From: "R A Bennell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Justice served
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Let me suggest that you think seriously about whether justice was done
  in this matter. Would you like to face a
court where the Judge and the prosecuter are obviously against you from
  the outset? Makes no sense to me that even
the Marines could take pride in this charade.

Stupid to key a car because you disagree with something that its owner
  believes in, but generally we try to make
sure that justice is served - sometimes to the point of bending over
  backwards to ensure that the defendant's
rights are more than protected.

One would think that the Illinois Law Society or whatever they call it
  down there, will take care of him. One would
think that his actions are at the least, conduct unbecoming to his
  profession.

Randy