----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
> --R

> LarryT wrote:
>> Gee, I wonder how people get bad impressions of lawyers? ;-)
--------------------------------
While most local, hardworking lawyers are honest, Florida may be second only
to New Jersey for the endemic corruption of it's legal system, from the
governor on down.  The appeals court is a good example:

TALLAHASSEE -- Rarely do outsiders get an inside peek at how judges work
together. But last week, judges on the state's biggest and most powerful
appeal court testified about one another. It was not a pretty sight.
They described a court where judges of the 1st District Court of Appeal have
accused each other of lying, having affairs with court employees, threats
and playing games of "chicken."

Former Chief Judge Charles J. Kahn Jr. was described as "volatile,"
"duplicitous" and "schizoid." They called him a liar, given to temper
tantrums.

The marshal who has provided court security for more than 25 years testified
that he arranged to have extra law enforcement officers attend a ceremonial
event after they heard that Kahn was getting a concealed weapons permit and
a handgun.
The marshal said two other judges decided to get guns at the same
time.....snip.  Long and interesting tale.

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/02/03/State/Lust__lies_and_disord.shtml

Gerry