From: "Peter Frederick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: 2/10/08 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Early 70s 200Ds, 220Ds

Actually, the lap belt might in fact have saved you at least the
broken leg although probably not much else.  Remeber, you kept moving
when the car stopped -- the belt would have dragged you backwards
pretty hard and greatly lessened the impact with the steering wheel.

I got T-boned in the driver's door of my 300D, the guy was driving a
Chevy 3500 series 3/4 ton van, fully loaded with plumbers stuff.  I
got some glass in my arm and a very hard kick in the ribs (nothing
broken) and was able to put the car in park (engine still running)
and get out.  Pretty smashed, but I credit Benz with saving my life.
The fire crew that arrived on the scene though the driver was dead
since the car was still running and they couldn't see anyone around.

I recommend avoiding collisions, by the way, no matter what vehicle
you are in.....

Peter